Position Title: Sales Manager
Reporting To: General Manager
The sales manager is responsible for meeting our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping the company competitive and innovative. The sales manager will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential, crafting sales plans, and justifying those plans to the upper management.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the company effectively with comprehensive knowledge of our offerings.
- Research consumer needs and identify how our solutions address them.
- Hire, train, motivate, and advise a team of sales representatives.
- Achieve company objectives by planning thoroughly, setting sales goals, analyzing performance data, and making forecasts.
- Generate leads and establish and nurture client relationships.
- Create and execute a strategic sales plan that expands our customer base and extends the company’s global reach.
- Meet with potential clients and develop long-lasting relationships that address their needs.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers whilst also developing relationships with potential suppliers.
- Keep up to date with market trends, projects, and requirements.
- Recruit sales representatives, set objectives, train, and coach them, and monitor their performance.
- Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop plans for filling them.
- Ensure that company quotas are met by holding daily check-ins with the sales team to set objectives and monitor progress.
- Manage the month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Performs other similar or related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering is preferable.
- 5 or more years of experience in managing sales in an Oil & Gas institution, specifically in chemical sales (drilling fluids/production chemicals/water treatment chemicals).
- Proven record of success with the entire sales process, from planning to closing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to take ownership of work product and consistently deliver results.
- Adaptability to collaborate with global teams and meet business needs.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment.